Worship isn't the point of church. But it's a good place to start... and start again.
Worship is like the hub of the wheel that connects our lives--mind, body, and soul--and our life together as church. Singing and silence, scripture and sermons, sharing our prayers, sacraments, and service all come together in worship to form and reform us in a living faith that connects us with God's people who have gone before us and to the future the Spirit is creating ahead of us. It's not just "quiet time with God," but an opportunity to practice living with one another as forgiven and forgiving, justice-seeking, peace-building people trying to follow in the Way of Jesus.
We worship Sundays @ 10am
- Worship is generally about an hour long... or maybe a little more, if we need it.
- We're a liturgical church, meaning we generally find the traditional Western church calendar with its cycle of seasons and holy days and the Revised Common Lectionary cycle of suggested Bible readings to be helpful spiritual tools. But you never know just where the Spirit will lead.
- We celebrate the Sacrament of Holy Communion (aka The Lord's Supper or the Eucharist) the first Sunday of each month, and EVERYONE is invited to Christ's table to share the bread and cup (which is always non-alcoholic).
- We use a printed bulletin (available in large print, too) as a guide for our order of worship each Sunday.
- Children and youth are always welcome in worship; in fact, there is a time with the pastors meant just for them each Sunday. We also offer child care and Sunday school classes for them during the rest of the worship service.
Get directions to our church
Enter your address into the map below for customized directions to The Congregational Church of Needham, UCC. Ample parking is located in the lot BEHIND the church off of Linden St.